The creation of an Apple & Blue Cheese Pizza may have started as a gag, but what ensued was a culinary adventure that unfolded at Spirit Tree Apple Cidery, nestled in the heart of Caledon, Ontario, a picturesque equestrian community surrounded by lush apple orchards. This is a tale of flavors that melded seamlessly, an ode to the art of farm-to-table cuisine.
The challenge was laid down to the owner and chef of Spirit Tree, and they accepted with gusto. Consequently, what resulted was a mouthwatering pomme de pomme pizza. Bringing together the essence of locally-sourced ingredients and a dash of creativity. Additionally, as the chef went all out in crafting this unique creation, there was no turning back for our adventurous explorer who even tried their hand at spinning pizza dough, a skill that takes finesse.
The journey through Spirit Tree’s offerings is a sensory delight. Furthermore, their commitment to all things local is palpable as you step into their establishment. Additionally, the scent of freshly baked bread wafting from their wood oven welcomes you. Setting the stage for an extraordinary culinary experience..
Furthermore, the Apple & Blue Cheese Pizza emerged as a star among their artisan pizzas. Thin, crisp slices of apple danced alongside perfectly cooked potatoes, complemented by the rich and tangy notes of blue cheese. Additionally, for a delightful crunch and earthy undertone, walnuts joined the party. Consequently, each bite was a revelation of flavors and textures, creating a symphony of sweet, savory. And nutty elements that left taste buds singing in harmony.
Spirit Tree’s accolades for their Apple Cider come as no surprise. As their dedication to quality and local sourcing shines through. Consequently, the cidery stands as a testament to the beauty of Ontario’s Golden Horseshoe, an off-the-beaten-path gem where culinary creativity meets the bounties of the land.
In the end, what started as a gag transformed into a culinary escapade. Leaving behind a memory of a pizza that defied expectations, and an experience that celebrated the essence of Ontario’s local treasures. At Spirit Tree Apple Cidery, it’s not just about the cider; it’s a celebration of the land and the flavors it generously provides.
A Pomme-Pomme Pizza!
- 1/2 lb Pizza Dough (Rolled out to 16" thin crust)
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Onions
- 1/2 cup Roasted Potatoes (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (Fresh & Chopped)
- 1-1/3 cup Mozzarella (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Roll pizza dough out very thin, leaving an edge about 1/2 inch.
- Spread onions out over dough within the edge.
- Alternate apple and potato slices evenly over pizza.
- Evenly spread mozzarella over pizza, then crumble blue cheese over top.
- Sprinkle rosemary over pizza.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on pre-heated pizza stone in oven heated 500’ F.
- While still hot, sprinkle walnuts and drizzle honey over top.
- Cut into 8 slices.