Eggs Benny with Bison | During my food travel documentary adventure in Alberta. I had the pleasure of joining forces with Chef Ralf Wollmann at the Rimrock Hotel. Chef Ralf, a culinary maestro with a penchant for innovation, introduced me to his remarkable creation: Bison Benedict with goat cheese. This dish, a true fusion of flavors and health benefits, left an indelible mark on my culinary journey.
Eggs Benny with Bison | Alberta’s vast landscapes are home to an abundance of bison. And Chef Ralf capitalized on the opportunity to showcase this extraordinary ingredient. Bison meat, known for its impressive health benefits. Is a leaner alternative to beef and boasts a remarkable iron content that surpasses that of its bovine counterpart. The result is not only a flavorful and savory dish. But also a nutritious one that aligns perfectly with today’s wellness-conscious dining trends.
The Bison Benedict, with its succulent bison meat and creamy goat cheese, represents a culinary marriage made in heaven. Additionally, the tender, iron-packed bison, paired with the tangy richness of goat cheese, creates a symphony of flavors that tantalize the taste buds. Moreover, the dish is crowned with the crowning glory of poached eggs and velvety hollandaise sauce, adding layers of indulgence to every bite.
But what truly sets this Bison Benedict apart is its simplicity. Chef Ralf walked me through the preparation process. And it’s a revelation how easy it is to recreate this masterpiece in your own kitchen. The combination of readily available ingredients and straightforward techniques ensures that even novice home cooks can achieve culinary excellence.
If you’re curious to witness the magic unfold. You can watch the step-by-step preparation of this Bison Benedict in our video (link provided). Seeing is believing, and as you watch the dish come together effortlessly, you’ll realize that it’s as delicious as it looks – a testament to Chef Ralf’s skill and the natural goodness of Alberta’s bison. So, whether you’re a seasoned epicurean or an aspiring home chef, consider adding Bison Benedict with goat cheese to your culinary repertoire, and savor the fusion of flavors and health benefits it brings to your table.
Eggs Benny with Bison!
- 2 cups White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Peppercorn
- 1/4 lb Shallots (Diced)
- 1 sprig Tarragon (Chopped)
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Reduction
- 1 cup Clarified Butter
- 1 Lemon Juice (From 1 lemon)
- 2 English Muffins (Use halves to make 4)
- 1 lb Bison Strip Loin (Sliced into medallions the size of muffin)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 lb Fresh Spinach
- 2 tbsp Shallots (Diced)
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- Combine first four ingredients and simmer until almost dry, strain, reserve liquid.
- Whisk together egg yolks, vinegar/shallot reduction over a double boiler, making sure mixture does not get too hot.(eggs will scramble if this happen)
- When mixture starts to thicken, take off heat (forms a ribbon when whisk is lifted).
- Start adding warm butter a little at a time until all the butter is used or hollandaise is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Finish sauce with the juice of the lemon and season to taste with Salt & Pepper.Reserve Hollandaise in a warm area for poached eggs.
Bison Eggs Benedict with Goat Cheese
- Grill or toast English Muffins- set aside.Lightly Sauté Seasoned Strip loin Until Medium Rare (Can be cooked to desired doneness).
- Sauté shallots and spinach until half cooked. Season to taste. Strain excess liquid out.
- Poach eggs in water (poach to desired doneness).
- Place spinach on top of English Muffin, then bison strip-loin, then poached egg, top this with hollandaise, and crumble goat cheese garnish serve with choice side.
- GOOD MORNING!