Cod likes any flavor you put on it. So go crazy! In this recipe, I simply use a breadcrumb mixture of chipotle, salt, pepper, and a little cumin. You can add whatever you want for Cod’s sake! But what’s even more fun is breaking it up and adding it to a crunchy salad, like a Caesar salad. For less preparation time, you can gently toss the fish into the romaine with a drizzle of olive oil. It’s like having fish nuggets on a salad. Dive in and try it yourself! Don’t forget, make extra fried fish to use in other recipes the next day.
If you’re looking for an exciting way to elevate your dinner table, the Crispy Seared Fish Salad for Cod’s Sake! is a delightful choice. Cod, known for its mild and versatile flavor, takes center stage in this dish. The breadcrumb mixture, featuring a hint of chipotle, salt, pepper, and cumin, adds a harmonious blend of smokiness and warmth to the fish.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its adaptability. Furthermore, Cod’s accommodating nature means you can experiment with various seasonings and spices, allowing your creativity to shine. If you want a hint of Mediterranean flair, try some oregano and lemon zest. Conversely, if you’re craving an Asian twist, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and ginger will do the trick. Consequently, the possibilities are endless, and that’s what makes this salad truly special.
The star of this show, the crispy seared cod, adds a satisfying crunch to each bite. It’s like having fish nuggets delicately nestled on a bed of fresh romaine lettuce. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top, and you’ve got a balanced and nutritious meal that’s as visually appealing as it is delicious.
Here’s a pro tip: prepare extra fried cod, because it’s fantastic for repurposing in other recipes. Whether it’s fish tacos, fish sandwiches, or simply serving it with a side of fries, the leftover crispy cod will save you time and add flavor to your next culinary adventure. So, for Cod’s sake, indulge in this Crispy Seared Fish Salad and let your taste buds dance with delight!
Breaded and Broken Up Seared Cod Over Caesar Salad
- 8 oz Cod
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce Packaged or bulk
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing can use other dressing
- 1 tbs Seasoning choice of spices
- Pat the cod dry and season with salt and pepper
- Line a plate with natural breadcrumbs and add seasoning of choice
- Coat the cod with the breadcrumbs on both sides, pressing the breadcrumbs into the fish. Set aside
- Clean, drain and chop the salad; set aside. Add salad dressing before plating
- Heat skillet at med-high heat with 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- Cook cod in skillet for approx. 5-minutes each side. When finished set aside on a plate to cool
- Prepare salad by tossing the dressing into salad and then plate up
- Pick up cod with hands if cooled and break up as you add to the top of the salad
- Add parmesan cheese if desired or drizzle wit olive oil