Maple-glazed Shrimp | I grew up smearing maple syrup on everything, including tuna sandwiches! But I never thought I’d be marinating shrimp in maple syrup. It works – trust me! And the beurre blanc, which takes no time to prepare, does wonders with the shallots. Match that with fresh sweet shrimp, and it’s a no-brainer!
Maple-glazed shrimp over linguine, avec Beurre Blanc Sauce. Is a culinary revelation that combines unexpected flavors to create a harmonious and delectable dish. The idea of using maple syrup as a marinade might seem unconventional, but the sweet and earthy notes of maple syrup complement the delicate flavors of shrimp in an extraordinary way.
Maple syrup, a quintessential Canadian staple, adds a unique sweetness and caramelization to the shrimp when used as a glaze. The result is succulent shrimp with a hint of smokiness and a touch of sweetness that is simply irresistible. It’s a delightful fusion of maple’s rich, complex flavors and the briny, oceanic essence of the shrimp.
The Beurre Blanc sauce, a classic French creation, is a buttery and velvety accompaniment that elevates the dish to a whole new level. It’s remarkably easy to prepare, with shallots providing a subtle depth of flavor that complements the sweetness of the maple-glazed shrimp perfectly. The creamy, buttery texture of the sauce contrasts beautifully with the tender shrimp and al dente linguine.
When these elements come together on your plate, the result is a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. The sweetness of the maple glaze, the savory elegance of the Beurre Blanc sauce, and the freshness of the shrimp harmonize to create a memorable dining experience.
Maple-glazed shrimp over linguine avec Beurre Blanc Sauce is a testament to the endless possibilities of culinary exploration. It’s proof that sometimes, the most unexpected combinations can result in the most delightful dishes. So, trust the maple syrup, embrace the beurre blanc, and savor the magic of this unforgettable meal.
Maple-glazed Shrimp Pasta with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 4 oz linguine or spaghetti
- 1 lb gulf shrimp (shell off and cleaned)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- l shallots sliced
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light cream
- Marinade shrimp in maple syrup and set aside
- Cook pasta according to instructions, set aside and reserve 1/4 C of pasta water
Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Heat butter in medium size pan on medium heat
- Sauté sliced shallots until just translucent
- Slowly stir in light cream until blended and starts to bubble
- Turn heat down to med heat
- Slowly stir in 1/4 cup maple syrup until blended and smooth
- Add shrimp and saute on each side for 1- 2 minutes until shrimp have just turned pink
- Fold in pasta and add a little of reserved pasta water
- Plate up by pulling out the pasta and top with a 3-4 shrimp (depending on size)