Pan-seared Hake | Hake, once overlooked in favor of more popular seafood options. Is steadily gaining recognition among consumers for its exceptional taste and remarkable cooking versatility. Consequently, this humble fish, often underestimated, has now found its place in the spotlight. Furthermore, thanks to its delectable sweet flavor and adaptability in various culinary preparations.”
One of the reasons why hake is increasingly appreciated is its ability to shine in a multitude of dishes. A favorite among chefs and home cooks alike is the one-pan Mediterranean fish dish, where hake takes center stage. Its tender, flaky flesh pairs wonderfully with Mediterranean flavors, making it a delightful and wholesome meal choice. Additionally, pan-searing hake with a colorful vegetable medley as a side dish elevates your dining experience to a whole new level. Creating a harmonious fusion of flavors and textures on your plate.
But the versatility of hake doesn’t stop there. It’s a fantastic ingredient for soups, adding depth and richness to broths and chowders. The mild, slightly sweet taste of hake complements a wide range of soup ingredients. Making it a valuable addition to your seafood soup repertoire.
For those seeking a twist on the classic burger, hake offers a unique alternative. Try using hake to create a delectable fish burger that’s both nutritious and satisfying. With its delicate yet firm texture, hake easily binds together to form a patty that’s perfect for grilling or pan-frying. Add your favorite toppings and condiments to create a burger that will have you coming back for more.
Pan-seared Hake | From the pristine waters of Newfoundland to the bountiful seas off northern Carolina. Hake is sustainably sourced, ensuring its availability for seafood enthusiasts. As consumers continue to explore the culinary possibilities of hake. This versatile fish is carving out a well-deserved niche in the world of seafood, offering a delightful combination of taste, nutrition, and culinary creativity. So, the next time you’re at the fish market or planning your menu, consider hake for a delicious and sustainable seafood choice that won’t disappoint.
Pan-Seared Hake with Sea Sides
- 1 lb Hake
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz corn fresh or canned
- 2 bell peppers julienned
- clean and pat dry 1 lb Hake and season both sides
- prepare 8" skillet on medium-high heat with oil, sauté the 2 bell peppers for five minutes, add the 4 oz corn and sauté for another five minutes. Remove, season, and set aside on a plate
- use the same pan, add more olive oil and pan-sear the hake on medium heat for five minutes a side. You can opt to pan-sear for five minutes on one side and finish in a pre-heated (375°) for 3-5 minutes (depending on your oven). Fish should be opaque all through, and should be flaky-not mushy.
- divide the fish between two people; season and plate up with your sea sides!