What makes this salad so good, besides using the freshest ingredients, is the caramelized tomato topper! A quick technique is throwing the tomatoes into the pan right after the salmon has seared (set salmon aside first). It will give the tomatoes a burst of flavor. And who doesn’t love tomatoes slightly caramelized! While you’re at it, throw in torn-up dill or fresh basil and give a good squeeze of lemon as it all cooks. Butter if you wish. Who’s hungry!
When it comes to creating a delicious and satisfying salad, it’s all about balancing flavors and textures. Seared Salmon over Salad with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes accomplishes just that. This dish combines the rich, buttery goodness of seared salmon with the vibrant sweetness of caramelized cherry tomatoes, resulting in a meal that’s as visually appealing as it is tasty.
The star of this dish is undoubtedly the salmon. To prepare it, start by searing the salmon fillets in a hot pan until they develop a crispy, golden crust. Set them aside, allowing the flavors to intensify while you work on the salad.
The salad base consists of a medley of fresh, crisp greens and vegetables. Feel free to use your favorite greens, whether it’s a bed of mixed greens, spinach, or arugula. Add in some cucumber slices, thinly sliced red onion, and avocado for creaminess and depth.
Now, let’s talk about those caramelized cherry tomatoes. As mentioned earlier, they are the secret weapon that elevates this salad to a whole new level. After searing the salmon, toss the cherry tomatoes into the same pan. The residual heat and pan juices will work their magic, caramelizing the tomatoes and infusing them with a burst of savory-sweet flavor. Throw in torn dill or fresh basil for an herbaceous twist and finish with a squeeze of zesty lemon juice for brightness. If you’re feeling indulgent, a pat of butter will add a luxurious touch.
Finally, assemble the salad by placing the seared salmon on top of the bed of greens and arranging the caramelized cherry tomatoes around it. Drizzle any remaining pan juices over the salad for an extra layer of flavor. This dish is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes, making it perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner that deserves a touch of elegance. Seared Salmon over Salad with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes is a delightful harmony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
Seared Salmon Over Caesar Salad with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz Salmon
- 2 oz Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Garlic clove smashed
- 2 cup Romaine lettuce cleaned
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 Lemon juice of the lemon
- Chop salad into bowl and set to the side; clean if not cleaned before
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towel and season
- Set the tomatoes to the side in a bowl and season with a tsp of salt
- Heat medium size skillet on med-high heat with vegetable oil
- Sear the salmon on both sides for about 3 minutes, skin side down first ( if skin is on)
- Set salmon on the side and immediately add the crushed garlic and tomatoes to the hot pan and sear for about 5 minutes until tomatoes start to caramelize
- Turn burner off, add the salad dressing to the salad and toss
- Plate the salad and top with the seared salmon and then the seared tomatoes