The exquisite union of seared scallops and mushrooms is a culinary symphony that harmonizes the elements of terroir and merroir. Resulting in a dish that tantalizes the senses and delights the palate. This gastronomic revelation is a testament to the sheer brilliance that can be achieved when the flavors of land and sea intertwine.
Here’s the secret to achieving perfection: sear these delectable morsels on high heat with a generous dollop of butter for just one minute on each side. The transformation is nothing short of magical. As they sizzle in the pan, the scallops and mushrooms release a tantalizing aroma and offer a sublime, creamy sweetness. However, heed the warning – overcooking is the pitfall to avoid. The moment they turn rubbery, you’ve ventured too far.
Seared Scallops with Mushrooms | While scallops may be considered a luxurious treat, their worth is undeniable. The succulent, melt-in-your-mouth texture and unparalleled flavor they bring to the table make them a worthwhile investment for any seafood enthusiast. But remember, the key to savoring their full potential lies in avoiding overcooking at all costs.
For those fortunate enough to reside in Atlantic Canada or along the eastern seashore, sourcing sea scallops is a breeze. Regions like Maine and New Jersey also boast an abundance of top-notch scallops. Ensuring that this culinary delight is never too far from your plate.
If you’re eager to explore further, there’s a wealth of information available on scallops – from how to select the freshest ones to an array of exciting recipes to try. To deepen your scallop journey, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide [LINK THIS], where you’ll discover all you need to know to embark on a delicious seafood adventure.
Seared Scallops with Mushrooms and Truffle Salt
- 1 lb Scallops (8 medium size)
- 1 lb White Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Truffle Salt optional
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (or grapeseed oil)
- Pat dry the scallops. Season with kosher salt
- Slice whole white mushrooms about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat pan and oil on medium to high for one minute.
- Place scallops in pan and sear for about 1 minute if same size as in video.
- Turn and cook one more minute.
- Plate scallops; divide for two.
- Quickly add mushrooms to hot pan and saute mushrooms until almost golden and still a bit moist.
- Place mushrooms over scallops as a garnish.
- Season with truffle salt or kosher salt.